Monday, July 18, 2011

Family affair

Today is my favorite day of the week... IT'S POST DAY!!, and as the title of this post implies, it is all about family...


I'll fill you in...


My Mom is more of a cook than a baker {in fact, she is a great cook!}, and even though she doesn't bake that often, she got the best chocolate cake recipe EVER.  When I was a child she used to make this particular cake quite often because my brothers and I loved it. I must say, with no doubt, that this cake can be counted as the begining of my chocolate obsession.

I remember it as the most over-indulgent chocolate cake ever. It was a super moist and spongy, and it literally had a cloud-like texture.. It was chocolate heaven, almost a forbiden pleasure...


So, I managed to get a recipe almost identical to that of my Mom's... And this is the result...





























Now, back to the family part...



My brother finally came to town!!


I have been waiting for this visit for so long... We spent the most wonderful two weeks together. Having him around was the greatest pleasure ever, the kids enjoyed him so much, and we got to have the longest and delicious conversations... I'm so looking forward to his next visit!!

So, I decided to bake this cake to kind of welcome him... and in the second he took the first bite, he recalled vividly all the childhood memories we shared around this special cake. We remembered the countless occasions when my Mom made it... To celebrate birthdays; to treat us on special Sundays; to have picnics at the beach... The list goes on and on... The motive could always change, but the sweet would be invariably the same... Chocolate fudge cake...












The kids were over excited to have my brother as a guest in this photo shoot... They didn't even fight over the fudgiest piece of cake {as usual}, they only wanted to play around with uncle Sami!




























There's nothing like enjoying the most simple things with family... Although, I must admit, there's nothing simple about this cake...













...time for some milk...














My family is the biggest treasure I have.. Brother, please come back soon... We miss you!!


Have a sweet week ya'll!!

2 comments:

Catherine Flaherty said...

These are beautiful pictures, Nayma. And your brother looks a lot like you!

Unknown said...

Thanx Catherine!!... We look like family don't we??... =D