Saturday, May 14, 2011

Meeting Peggy Porschen

Some months ago, I got to attend one of Peggy Porschen's Masterclasses, and I had such a great time.  We were 6 people in this beautiful, comfortable and fully equiped kitchen, eager to learn Peggy's best kept secrets to make gorgeous wedding cakes.  I must say that we ended up with much more than that, beacause it was really enlightening to be working with one of the most prestigiuos cake designers ever, and get her input and advises on being succesful in this business.  There are some pictures I would like to share with you guys, enjoy 'em! 


This picture was mandatory for me.  Am I really at Peggy Porschen Parlour????... Dream come true right there!!!... of course, my kids were more interested to see what the next stop was going to be...


...the masking part... tricky, but once I got the hang of it, it really became quite easy.


Marzipan... like, really???... Marzipan + fondant???... I thought this combination would end up too sweet, but it
shocked me to discover that the marzipan really balances the sweetness of the rolled fondant... So, welcome marzipan!!!


Time for a break!!!... these little babies were waiting for us everyday along with a warm cup of tea... =D


Fondant... Checked!


...cakes, waiting to be stacked...


Peggy showing us the best way to get the dowels perfectly arranged and give good support to the cake.


Stacked already


I had to have this picture taken, I mean, she is an icon in the Cake Designing world, right???


Sugar flowers... now this was the real deal!... you need to make like a billion until you really get them to look
like actual flowers... there I am, making my good share of these sugar babes... 


Time to have fun!!!


Say Cheese!!!


Wedding Cake Decoration Masterclass... DONE!

Have a sweet day,

No comments: