Monday, December 3, 2012

home sweet home..



in the last few days, i've had an internal battle with the concept of "home".. because, it's true that home is where the heart is, but, what if my heart is divided??..



i'm a person that gives it all when it comes to the people i love.. I give my all to my parents; to my husband (clearly!!); to my kids (how could i not..); to my brothers; to my friends.. but then, my parents are in one country; one brother is in another country..and my friends, here and there.. i know, it's kind of a mess.. and that's my point.. my heart is all over the place.. sometimes, i just wonder, will i ever get it back??.. i mean.. i need it, right??




so, this post, is dedicated to that huge, but at the same time, very humble word.. home.. wherever it is.
..and also it is dedicated to my very dear friend, who is going back home, after five amazing years here in Switzerland.. Barbara, i just want to say that wherever we are in this revolting game called world, in my heart you'll always have a home.. and from that one, you'll never, ever, leave.



have a safe trip back..
i'll save a gingerbread house for you here..
just in case you want to come back..



in case you are on the look out for a good gingerbread cookie recipe, here is one that won't let you down.. happy baking!!

No comments: